Sunday, August 8, 2010

Pasta Salad good enough for a Celiac

I was asked to bring pasta salad to dinner tonight at my mother-in-laws. I have two nieces that are celiac and I'm sure my sister-in-law would make them their own pasta salad or they would just go without. What a bummer. I thought I'd use gluten-free rice pasta. Really there isn't so much of a difference in texture - just taste. Since I'll be covering up the taste of the pasta with so many other yummy ingredients, I thought we could all handle it.


I used two shapes of small (not tiny) pasta.

Ingredients:

1 lb dry pasta, cooked, drained and rinsed with cold water
1/3 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup marinated carrots, diced
1/3 cup green olives with pimento, chopped
1/2 cup diced cucumber
1 cup baby spinach, chopped
1 cup roasted red bell pepper, chopped
8 oz crumbled feta cheese with garlic and herbs
1/3 lb Italian dry salami, cubed
2 teaspoons salt

Dressing:

Combine 1 1/2 T Dijon mustard, 1/4 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup mayonaise, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup champagne vinegar, and 2 T sugar.

Combine all ingredients, chill and enjoy!

No comments: